EPIC YOGA DC 200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
EPIC YOGA DC thrives because of our inclusive community, diverse teaching styles, and the variety of our classes. Whether you want to pursue a career in teaching yoga or you are looking to deepen your personal practice, this training is designed to support your journey of self-discovery, strengthen your yoga practice, and gain the skills and knowledge to teach yoga. Through a number of diverse and essential training modules, this program will fit the varying needs of the trainees. Our program schedule creates space for the trainee to dive deep into study, absorb the breadth of material, and apply that learning into teaching and practice.
This will not be the typical cookie-cutter training because we are not your typical cookie-cutter yoga studio...because who wants to be like everybody else?! Our program offers the opportunity to explore what is unique to you, your voice and your teaching style. Whether you join us to become a teacher or simply to deepen your own practice, the EPIC YOGA DC training is committed to your growth and will uniquely prepare you to leave your mark on the world. Come join our EPIC motley crew!
WHAT MAKES THE EPIC YTT SO …. EPIC?!
- Our EPIC YTT is created and led by Amie, Emma, & Shannon. Their shared knowledge, experience, and passion will support you and encourage you throughout the course of the training. Each teacher comes with a unique background and perspective to teaching, yet all three blend their talents to create a cohesive and comprehensive program. Trainees will have the opportunity to work more closely with the lead teachers both in and out of training hours as the YTT journey unfolds.
- This progressive Vinyasa flow training is rooted in the classical traditions of Hatha and Ashtanga, blended and tailored for the modern day yogi.
- This program includes a strong focus on anatomy and physiology. Trainees will learn how to apply the anatomical information into classes for creative and safe teaching.
- Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class. Our program isn't about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
- Trainees will have many opportunities to practice teaching and assisting classes. We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
- This program is community centered & celebrates the individual! Each person brings a unique set of skills, desires, and experiences to share with the training program. Our EPIC trainers encourage the growth that comes from group discussion and understanding. Trainees will connect deeply with one another and contribute to the development of each new teacher.
- Unlimited yoga at EPIC during the program period is included in your tuition.
Our Yoga Alliance registered curriculum exceeds their standards, providing more than 200 hours of training.
- Advanced study of asana (Sanskrit names of postures, Proper alignment, How to observe bodies, Benefits + potential risks, Common injuries + Contraindications)
- Pranayama breathing techniques, Meditation + Mantras
- Anatomy + Physiology
- Science and art of sequencing
- Hands-on adjustments / physical assists
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
- Cultivating your voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Yoga history, philosophy + ethics
- The Business of Yoga
- Qualities of a Teacher
- Class Management
- Energetic Anatomy & Mudras
- Modern Yoga
- Yoga Practicum
Once you have completed our 200-hour training, you will receive a certificate making you eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200). Graduates will be prepared to teach beginner to intermediate level classes.
Saturday + Sunday, November 3 - 4: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, November 10 - 11: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, November 17 - 18: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, December 1 - 2: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday, December 8: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday, Saturday + Sunday, January 11 - 13: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday + Sunday, September 8 - 9: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, September 15 - 16: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, September 22 - 23: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 27: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday + Sunday, October 6 - 7: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, October 13 - 14: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday + Sunday, October 20 - 21: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday, October 25: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
*Attendance is required. However, we know life happens so make-up options are available for trainees who cannot make all of the training dates. Discuss with trainers to select best option for you.
Learn more by attending one of info sessions, held at Epic Yoga DC. Registration is not required, just come on by!
April 25, 2018 at 6:00 PM
May 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM
Burning questions?!?! We get it, shoot us an email and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible!
Application Fee: $25 (credited toward tuition; non refundable)
Deposit: $225 (credited toward tuition; non refundable)
Early Bird Special (May 31, 2018 Deadline): $2800 (paid in full)
Early Bird Payment Plan (must make first payment by May 31, 2018): $2905 (after required $25 application fee and $225 deposit, $885/month for 3 months)
Pay in Full: $3000
Payment Plan: $3150 (after required application fee and deposit, $580/month for 5 months)
Please note, all sales are subject to applicable D.C. sales tax.
Ready to take the next step and submit your application? Click below to get started!